Our health and wellness involves a lot more than just diet and fitness. How we interact with our environment can have a huge impact on how we feel daily. Here is a list of ways that I try to interact with my surroundings daily. I find, when I hit all of these nine things, I rest my head at night with a smile on my face. Give it a try!
- Get a little sweaty.
- Go outdoors. 2 minutes, 10 minutes, all day. Sunlight, vitamin D. Fresh air. Connection to nature.
- Alone time.
- Spinal Extension. Our spine craves movement, in all directions. A healthy spine is a mobile spine, and our forward-curving culture is in dire need of daily, healthy, spinal extension to help counter our forward-primary existence.
- Pause all media. It can consume you. Turn off all the screens. Listen to the birds, your breath, what your partner or child is trying to tell you.
- Go barefoot.
- Have an interaction with an animal, plant, or person (or all three).
- Share gratitude and thanks.